Welcome to New Jersey Institute of Technology. As the state’s public polytechnic university, we continue to invest in the renewal of our existing facilities in addition to adding new spaces, with the goal of providing an exceptional teaching, learning, and living environment.
NJIT offers more than 125 undergraduate and graduate degree programs in six specialized schools instructed by expert faculty, 98 percent of whom hold the highest degree in their field. Our academic programs are fully accredited by the appropriate accrediting boards, commissions and associations such as Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools (MSA), Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET), Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) and National Architectural Accrediting Board (NAAB).
Our extensive Continuing Professional Education programs and online courses offer important training for professionals already on the job, and our competitive industry internships help land you one of your own. Learn more about our online learning programs.
$1.74B NJIT's annual economic impact on the State of New Jersey
#1 nationally in Student Upward Mobility
NJIT prepares its graduates for positions of leadership as professionals and as citizens.
We have amazing students from all over the world, and we rank #1 in New Jersey in awarding engineering degrees to African-American and Hispanic students. The friends and contacts you'll make at NJIT, whether in one of over 130 student clubs and organizations (not including Greeks) or in dozens of community service projects, will enhance your life and impact your future.
- in undergraduate, graduate and continuing professional education, preparing students for productive careers and amplifying their potential for lifelong personal and professional growth;
- in the conduct of research with emphasis on applied, interdisciplinary efforts encompassing architecture, design, the sciences, including the physical and life sciences, engineering, mathematics, and infrastructure systems, computing information and communications technologies and management;
- in service to both its urban environment and the broader society of the city, state, nation and global community by conducting public policy studies, making educational opportunities widely available, and initiating community-building projects;
- in contributing to economic development through the state’s largest business incubator system, workforce development, joint ventures with government and the business community, and through the development of intellectual property;
- prepares its graduates for positions of leadership as professionals and as citizens;
- provides educational opportunities for a broadly diverse student body;
- responds to needs of large and small businesses, state and local governmental agencies, and civic organizations;
- partners with educational institutions at all levels to accomplish its mission; and
- advances the uses of sciences, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) as a means of improving the quality of life.
is to be the preeminent engineering, design, science and technology university known for research and education fostering innovation, entrepreneurship, and engagement.