The Abdullah Gül University (AGU)
The Abdullah Gül University (AGU) is a young, dynamic top-quality Turkish State University and already one of the best in the country. The University opened its doors in July 2010 with the aim to produce graduates who can shape the future, equipped with the best skills for today’s globalized society. AGU is the first State University in Turkey with legal provision for support by a private foundation (including many prominent figures of Turkey), which is solely dedicated to the University and its objectives. As the pioneer of third-generation universities, AGU places great emphasis on interdisciplinary research, university-industry collaboration and innovative teaching. AGU is a research university that embraces solution seeking for global challenges. In order to achieve this, AGU aims to attract brilliant faculty members and the brightest students, who, as AGU graduates, will be typified by their ability to think, research, work in an interdisciplinary fashion and to lead and who will be trained to work anywhere in the world. Therefore proficiency in English is fundamental and all our programs are taught 100% in English. English education at AGU continues after our Preparatory Program (at the AGU School of Languages) and plays an important role in the academic and social life of our students.
- To become a leader in creativity, innovation and high-quality institution for learning, teaching, research, and enterprise.
- To attract the brightest students (AGU receives Turkish students that are in the top 20.000 at the national level and our requirements for international students are among the most selective) and brilliant/award-winning faculty members from all around the world (in total 20% of our faculty members, 40% of our lecturers and 82% of our English Instructors are international).
- To produce learning and knowledge, which is of value to a wide range of stakeholders
- To work closely with the industry, in particular, local industry, in order to develop high quality and effective projects in industrial R&D.
AGU’s Educational Practices include
- The creation of programs designed to comply with the accreditations’ demands like ABET, AACSB, AMBA, Erasmus+, etc. and the different international rankings.
- The adoption an interdisciplinary approach with the combination of theoretical Education, Research & Development, and Hands-on Training.
- The creation of international partnerships, joint programs and exchange programs raising the international profile and intercultural knowledge of our students and staff.
- The preserving of a small students/academicians ratio to optimize the students’ experience.
- The implementation of Long-term internship programs with renowned quality corporations.
- The use of hands-on training in collaboration with corporations, institutions, and industries.
- The preparation of our students for the job market and the professional life via our Career Centre, Youth Factory and other personal development AGU programs.
- The direct interaction with the business community through career coaching and mentorship.
- The implementation of effective, interactive and participatory classes.
- The implementation of practice-based training in top-quality laboratories and research facilities.
- The Opportunity to learn foreign languages via our Language school.
- The Opportunity to evolve in a multicultural hub and interact with our International AGU Community members (19 countries present on campus).
100% English Institution
Proficiency in English is fundamental, therefore all programs are taught 100% in English. The AGU School of Languages (AGUSL) has three fundamental goals:
- To ensure that all students who are about to enter an AGU faculty are empowered to function effectively in English in the study programs they will follow.
- To ensure that all students who graduate from an AGU faculty are empowered to communicate effectively and function professionally in English.
- To offer all students the opportunity to gain some familiarity with a second foreign language that has world significance.
English education at AGU continues after the Preparatory Program and plays an important role in the academic and social life of our AGU members.
AGU Academic Programs
AGU is currently admitting students to the following programs: UNDERGRADUATE - School of Engineering: Computer Engineering (B.Sc), Civil Engineering(B.Sc), Electrical & Electronics Engineering(B.Sc), Industrial Engineering(B.Sc), Mechanical Engineering(B.Sc) - School of of Architecture: Architecture (B.Sc) - School of Leadership and Management: Business Administration (B.Sc) - School of Life and Natural Sciences: Molecular Biology and Genetics (B.Sc), Fall 2017 GRADUATE - Graduate School: Advanced Materials and Nanotechnology (M.Sc), Electrical and Computer Engineering (M.Sc and PhD), Industrial Engineering (M.Sc and PhD), Bioengineering (M.Sc), Materials Science and Mechanical Engineering (PhD) and Architecture (M.Sc and PhD). AGU will also project interdisciplinary graduate programs in its academic departments. AGU looks forward to welcoming you to its brand new Campus and is ready to make sure you are fully equipped with all the knowledge, skills, experience and international exposure you need to have a significant impact on today's and our future globalized society.
This school offers programs in: