In 1989, several administrative organisms, companies and business associations gathered to strengthen the Catalan industry through the professionalization of Design. The result of this effort was the Higher School of Design ESDi, which was created with the objective of training competitive and qualified Design graduates.
From then onwards, the school was consolidated as a pioneer in the field of education, incorporating its Official University Degree in Design, a series of master’s degrees and postgraduate courses, and innovative studies such as the Bachelor in Smart Design and the Bachelor in Digital Humanities.
The school, located in Sabadell (Barcelona, Spain), has over 14.000m2 of facilities equipped with cutting-edge technology such as our Self-Labs of additive manufacturing, virtual reality (in partnership with HP) and digitalization of design and manufacturing processes.
- ESDi Higher School of Design, Nº 1 among the Design Schools of Catalonia for two years in a row in the U-Ranking of the BBVA Foundation 2016-2017
- Ramon Llull University, Nº6 in the U-Ranking of the BBVA Foundation 2017
- Ramon Llull University, Nº 125 in Social Sciences and Management of the QS World University Rankings by Subject 2017
- Ramon Llull University, top 100 of the Global University Employability Ranking 2017
- Ramon Llull University, top 151-200 in Management of the Shanghai Ranking’s Global Ranking of Academic Subjects 2017
- Ramon Llull University, Nº6 of the Spanish State in the CYD Ranking of Spanish universities 2017
Awards received by our students
- Ane Castro and Núria Costa (Fashion Design), winners of the Samsung EGO Innovation Project for their collection CONECT3D, prize that allowed them to show their creations at the Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Madrid
- Ane Castro and Núria Costa (Fashion Design), winners of the 080 Investor Day 2018 of the Catalan runway 080 Barcelona Fashion and the platform Seed&Click
- Gerard Arderius (Graphic Design), winner of a Golden Laus (Spain) 2018 of ADG-FAD for his final degree project “El soso catalán que hace reír”
- Mireia Mesalles (Product Design), winner of a Golden ADI Medal (Spain) 2018 of ADI-FAD for her final degree project “Minial”
- Alba Alaminos (Interior Design), winner of the 3rd prize in the CODIC Awards (Spain) 2018 of the Col·legi Oficial de Dissenyadors d’Interiors i Decoradors de Catalunya for her final degree project “Skyline Flight School”
- Roger Fonts (Graphic Design), winner of a Bronze Laus (Spain) 2018 of ADG-FAD for his final degree project “Original Apparel Kids”
9 reasons to study in ESDi
- Official Degree and the possibility to obtain a double degree: Official Degree in Design + Bachelor in Smart Design. We are also the only center within the Spanish State to teach 6 design disciplines.
- Pioneers in Smart Design studies and in Digital Humanities.
- Wide international network. We are present in more than 20 countries.
- More than 14.000m2 of facilities in a historical building located in the center of Sabadell.
- Workshops and laboratories equipped with avant-garde technology. In addition to the workshops, labs, video and photography sets, open spaces and technological classrooms, we have three Self-Labs and one Help-Lab (additive manufacturing and 3D printing, immersive and holographic virtual reality in partnership with HP, and digitalization of textile design and manufacturing processes).
- High employability and fast insertion in the labor market: 95,5% of our alumni are able to find work within a year of their graduation.
- University-Business bond, with projects and collaborations with important brands and institutions: Mango, TV3, Seat, Yerse, Ajuntament de Sabadell, eMobike and Harley-Davidson, among others. Research and innovation inside and outside the classrooms.
- Competent and motivated staff, connected to the industry and its businesses. Students and alumni with projects that are recognized by the most important fairs, expositions and contests in the sector.
- Scholarships and grants. No one with vocation and drive should be left out of the educational system.