Sunway University is a leading not-for-profit private university committed to the pursuit of education through scholarship, research and enterprise. It is ranked among the top 2% of universities in Asia and rated as a 5-star institution by Quacquarelli Symonds (QS). For the 2020 rankings, the University was ranked within the 751–800 range, out of 1002 universities ranked in the QS World University Rankings. The University was also ranked among the top 150 young universities worldwide in the QS Top 50 Under 50. The University has also been awarded a 5-Star rating in the SETARA 2017 assessment of Malaysian Higher Education Institutions, and is one of only eleven universities in Malaysia to be awarded the Premier Digital Technology University status by the Malaysian Digital Economy Corporation.
The University is committed to multi-disciplinary research in sustainable development within an urban environment, and promoting health, well-being, and the development of new technologies in addressing some of the world’s most pressing problems. We are establishing ourselves on the global stage with some of our researchers being among the most highly cited globally and actively engaged in cross-border collaborations. The University is committed to investing in the next generation through research-led teaching and to this end, continues to equip our campus with state-of-the-art teaching and research facilities.
The University is recognised by the Ministry of Education of Malaysia and the Malaysian Qualifications Agency, and its programmes are designed to fulfil the needs and interests of a modern society. In adopting a global approach, the University has established close partnerships with Lancaster University and Le Cordon Bleu International, which lend international qualifications to Sunway’s programmes. The University has fostered ties with Harvard University and University of California, Berkeley in the United States, and University of Oxford and University of Cambridge in the United Kingdom in multiple bilateral exchanges of expertise and research.
To date, the University has drawn more than 26,000 students from over 90 countries to its vibrant, 880,000-square-feet campus. Supported by the Jeffrey Cheah Foundation, the University has invested in excess of RM400 million in its infrastructure and continues to expand its teaching and learning, and research spaces. Here at Sunway, students and academics thrive in the discovery of ideas and opportunities in the heart of Sunway City, adjacent to some of the best public, medical and social amenities in Malaysia.
Vision & Mission
To be a World Class University
To nurture all-around individuals and devote ourselves to the discovery, advancement, transmission and application of knowledge that meets the needs of our society and the global community
Sunway University will carry out its mission with integrity and unwavering dedication to excellence, enterprise, professionalism, financial self-reliance, innovation, mutual respect and team spirit
Our Educational Goals
Sunway University students will:
- become independent, lifelong learners who actively pursue knowledge and appreciate its global application to the economic, political, social and cultural development
- be empowered with the competencies and capacity to contribute to a fast-changing economic, social and technological world
- develop strong leadership qualities and communication skills
- be prepared for careers that enable them to lead productive, fulfilling and meaningful lives
- value integrity and become ethical, accountable, caring and responsible members of society
47500 Shah Alam, Selangor, Malaysia
This school also offers:
- BAs (7) BACHELORSTUDIES
- BScs (1) HEALTHCARESTUDIES
- BScs (19) BACHELORSTUDIES
- Bachelors (2) BACHELORSTUDIES
- Certificates (1) ACADEMICCOURSES
- Courses (5) ACADEMICCOURSES
- Diplomas (2) HEALTHCARESTUDIES
- Diplomas (10) ACADEMICCOURSES
- PhD (6) PHDSTUDIES
- PhDs (1) HEALTHCARESTUDIES
- Preparatory Year (3) ACADEMICCOURSES
- Undergraduate Pathways (4) ACADEMICCOURSES