THE VISION, MISSION, AND PHILOSOPHY OF THE UNIVERSITY
The vision of the university is to be "a world-class university for advancing biblical values through academic excellence and transformational leadership."
The mission of the University is "to educate and train Christ-like visionary leaders to spearhead holistic transformation in Africa and the world." This mission is expounded in the following statements:
a. Purpose Statement
The purpose of the University is to educate and train men and women in order to equip them to provide leadership to the Church and society based on biblical priorities and to spearhead spiritual, social and cultural transformation in Africa and the world.
b. Business Statement
The International Leadership University is a non-profit institution, committed to offering quality education which is self-sustainable.
c. Value Statement
- Dependence on God: Seeking God's guidance and trusting Him in all endeavors.
- Passion for the Great Commission: Captivation to make obedient Disciples of Christ in all educational and training endeavors.
- Moral Integrity: A biblical lifestyle and practice of honesty, justice, and righteousness.
- Biblical Stewardship: Responsible, fair and transparent use of resources, gifts, and talents.
- Passion for Excellence: Pursuit of the highest standards of performance in teaching and learning, research, practical ministry, governance and delivery of services.
- Contextual Relevance: Commitment and pursuit of biblically consistent relevance to the Church and society. Philosophy
The International Leadership University - Kenya is an evangelical Christian University, whose philosophy shall consist of the Statement of Faith as outlined in section 5 of the Statutes. Christian spiritual values form the foundation of all the objects, functions and, programs of the University. The determination of curriculum; the selection of students, lecturers, and administrators; the requirements for graduation; the character expectations of staff, students, administrators, and lecturers; and the means used for funding and development are all based on biblical values.