Szent István University (SZIU), one of Hungary’s most prominent institutions of higher education, consists of seven different faculties for study and research hosting approximately 14,000 students. The university campuses, located throughout the country, are home to some beautiful buildings in Hungary, offering students and staff a comfortable, relaxing environment for the attainment of knowledge. With parts of its history dating back well over two centuries, SZIU blends Hungary’s rich traditions with cutting-edge technology to meet the needs of its students in today’s competitive labor markets. Within the seven faculties, degree programs are offered in a wide variety of subjects ranging from natural sciences, engineering and veterinary medicine to business, economics, social sciences, health sciences and pedagogy. Programmes are available at every level from vocational training to Ph.D. and beyond. SZIU understands the importance of internationalization and promotes a variety of international activities. With partners on almost every continent, SZIU students and staff can operate on a global scale to gain and share the essential knowledge for success in the globalized world. We see this as a cornerstone for a more secure future and are proud to be a vital part of it.
Milestones in the history of SZIU:
- 1787 Faculty of Veterinary Medicine founded
- 1880 Ybl Miklós Technical College founded
- 1917 Teacher Training College, Jászberény founded
- 1920 University of Agriculture was founded in Budapest
- 1950 University of Agriculture moved to Gödöllő
- 2000 Szent István University founded
Szent István University, one of Hungary’s largest institutions of higher education, was founded in 2000 by the merger of the University of Veterinary Science in Budapest, Ybl Miklós Technical College, the Teachers’ Training College of Jászberény and the University of Agriculture in Gödöllő. Later on, in 2009, Tessedik Sámuel College merged with SZIE as well. The university headquarters are located in Gödöllő, but altogether 7 different faculties for study and research in Budapest, Jászberény, Békéscsaba, Szarvas and Gyula host more than 14000 students. Some of the schools in Szent István University have more than a century of history.
Thank you for your interest in Szent István University. Before you begin to fill in your application form, please take a moment to thoroughly review this document. To successfully apply for studies at Szent István University applicants must complete all of the following steps:
- complete all sections of the application form
- attach a letter of motivation outlining your reasons for choosing the course
- attach reference forms, recommendation letters from referees (one is good, two is better!)
enclose applicable academic documents:
- BSc applicants must enclose an official copy of their secondary school final examination.
- MSc applicants must enclose an official copy of their BSc degree certificate and transcripts.
- enclose evidence of their English ability, e.g. TOEFL, IELTS etc. (if English is not their first language)
- attach a brief Curriculum Vitae.
Important note: All documentation must be in English. Translations from other languages must be certified.
H-2100 Gödöllő, Hungary