As a private, state-recognized university, the Psychologische Hochschule Berlin is a nonprofit organization. All programs are accredited by the Senate for Education, Youth and Science, the licensing training of the State Office for Health and Social Affairs Berlin. The Psychologische Hochschule Berlin offers psychotherapy training, postgraduate studies and the M.Sc. for education and scientific further education. Psychology . The study-integrated psychotherapeutic training can be completed in depth psychology-based psychotherapy or in behavioral therapy and in child and adolescent psychotherapy . The teaching of cross- procedural competences is very important to PHB and is an important aspect in the curricula of all study and training courses.
The professors in the degree programs work in both practical and scientific research and represent the claim of the Scientist Practitioner . Students are actively involved in existing research projects and supported in their own research projects. Through cooperation with other universities, doctoral projects can be realized at the house.
At a glance
- Cross-method study (TP and VT)
- Study and psychotherapy education in a house
- Small seminar groups with collegial atmosphere
- Personal support by the study organization
- Assistance in attending congresses and conferences
- Practical training in the in-house Psychotherapeutic Outpatient Clinic
- Research in the university outpatient clinic
- Excellent location in Berlin Mitte near Alexanderplatz directly at Köllnischen Park and the Spree
Study and training offer
- Consecutive studies: M.Sc. psychology
- Postgraduate Studies in Legal Psychology
- Postgraduate studies in psychology and psychotherapy of the family
- Psychotherapy training with integrated master's degree in psychotherapy (VT or TP)
- Child and adolescent psychotherapy training with integrated master's degree in psychology and psychotherapy of the family
Teaching, research and training at PHB are focused on the application areas of psychology. Psychologists and psychotherapists have set up the university to strengthen the link between science and practice and to support the transfer of research into society. Under this credo, the PHB would like to train the next generation of psychologists and psychotherapists with a strong, scientifically based practical relevance. In addition to the study and training offer, there are also training courses and symposia for psychologists and psychotherapists on the program schedule of the PHB. Further degree courses in different fields of psychology and B.Sc. Psychology are under construction.
In cooperation with the training institute Berlin Academy for Psychotherapy (BAP), the further training institute German Psychologists Academy (DPA) and the Professional Association of German Psychologists and Psychotherapists (BDP), the PHB is at the center of an education network for training, further education and training and offers a contact point for the professional interests of psychologists and psychotherapists in various fields of activity.
The courses Psychological Psychotherapy in Behavioral Therapy (VT) or Psychology of Deep Psychology (TP), Family Psychology and Legal Psychology are accredited by the Senate for Education, Youth and Science. The new master's program Psychology was developed in accordance with the recommendations of the German Psychological Society and approved by the State Office for Health and Education. Graduates of the Master's program Psychology at the PHB fulfill the admission requirements for psychotherapeutic education. The Psychological Psychotherapy program is also accredited by Acquin in both main areas of specialization (behavioral therapy and psychodynamic psychotherapy), as is the Master's program in Legal Psychology.
The PHB in medical psychotherapy (VT or TP) and in child and adolescent psychotherapy have been accredited by the State Office for Health and Social Affairs Berlin.