IMT Atlantique is a member of the “Institut Mines-Télécom” (IMT), the largest group of public engineering and management schools in France (8 schools, 13400 students, 4600 graduates each year). With a common mindset and a shared vision, the IMT members strive to develop academic programs and research activities in line with companies needs in order to contribute to innovation and entrepreneurship.
IMT Atlantique’s missions are built on strong values:
- The attachment to the French Elite Graduate Engineering School model.
- Solid scientific and technological foundations.
- The importance given to social sciences and humanities.
- A strong network of industrial partners and a sense of entrepreneurship.
- Openness to and close collaborations with academic and research partners.
- The desire to be exemplary in terms of sustainable development and social responsibility.
IMT Atlantique is ranked among the top ten “Grandes Ecoles” in France. Its cutting edge engineering, graduate and post-graduate programs, as well as its research activities are recognized nationally and internationally for their excellence.
- THE 2019:in the French Top 3 and in the 351- 400 worldwide band
- In the Top 5% of Webometrics in 2017
- 4 Academic subjects in the Shanghai Ranking 2018: Electrical & Electronical Engineering, Télécommunication Engineering, Computer Science & Engineering, Physics
- 3 campuses : Brest, Nantes, Rennes
2 350 students :730 graduates/year from MSc to PhD
- 780 staff including 500 permanent staff
- 290 permanent researchers on our campuses,
Including 110 HDRs (Researchers with supervisory accreditation) and research lecturers
- 800 publications/year including 450 of “rank A” €70 million budget Including € 27 million of our resources, € 18 million of which from research contracts
- 3 European Research Council Grants
- 3 incubators (45 companies hosted, 15 new start-ups per year)
The programs are tailored to be relevant for both the students’ future career paths and the needs of industry, in the convergence of digital technology, energy, and environment.
Programs: MSc in Engineering, MSc, International MSc, Post Master Professional certificates, Engineering apprenticeships/vocational, PhDs.
Major emphasis on pedagogical innovation.
- 180 partner universities around the world.
- 51 double degrees.
- Erasmus Mundus Master’s programs, Erasmus+ mobility.
- More than 70 countries represented on IMT Atlantique’s campuses, 40% international students.
- Masters programs taught in English
- 4 programs offered abroad (China, Ivory Coast, Morocco, Vietnam)
- The research potential ranks IMT Atlantique among the top 10 in France.
- Research topics in the field of energy and digital technology:
Subatomic physics and nuclear chemistry - Energy and environment processes - Robotics and automatic control - Simulation, modeling, optimization, coding, decision - Design of electronic, microwave and optical functions - Implementation of fast algorithms for complex functions - Signal and Image processing, Big Data processing - Computer Science, Software Engineering, Cyber Security and Artificial Intelligence - Networked Systems (communication, energy, waste, water, air) - Humanities.
- A significant contribution to the research development with 6 mixed research units (5 CNRS and 1 Inserm).
- Funding of 3 ERC projects in recognition of the quality of its research (European Research Council grants),
- 2 academic chairs and numerous scientific awards.