LaSalle College Vancouver
LaSalle College Vancouver (LCV) opened its doors in 1998 as an English as second language school (ESL). In 2002, the school began to focus and expand on design-based programs such in Fashion Design, Fashion Merchandising, Artistic Make-up, Interior Design, Jewellery Design, Graphic Design, and 2D/3D Animation as well as on-line training programs in Interior Design, Fashion Marketing, Video Game 3D Modelling, and Administrative Assistant.
On February 1, 2017, LCI Education network, of which LaSalle College Vancouver (LCV) is a member, acquired The Art Institute of Vancouver an award winning higher education provider offering an array of exciting applied arts programs in diverse fields such as VFX for Film and Television, Video Game Programming, Digital Film & Video, Game Art & Design, Graphic Design, Interior Design, Fashion, Culinary Arts and just to name a few.
Located in an 80,000-square-foot building in beautiful Vancouver, LCV delivers programs with credentials ranging from Bachelor Degrees, Diplomas and Certificates and has been consistently named one of the top 10 undergraduate schools for video game design by the Princeton Review.
LaSalle College Vancouver prides itself on small class size, a friendly environment, hands-on delivery, and excellent industry-experienced instructors.
The goal of LCV is to provide excellence in knowledge building and skill development and to assist its students in achieving their career goals in a professional, stimulating and friendly environment.
LaSalle College Vancouver is designated by the Private Training Institutions Branch (PTIB) of the Ministry of Advanced Education of British Columbia and is registered with the Ministry of Advanced Education, Student Services Branch. Government funding is available to full-time students who qualify.
Among the many advantages, students are able to enjoy opportunities to study abroad from one week to one semester at a selection of the network’s campuses, including Montreal, Bogota, Istanbul, Jakarta and Barcelona.
LCV is also a member of the LCI Education network composed of 23 campuses on 5 continents.
LaSalle College: the international reference in post-secondary education Training beyond compare
- Programs offered in English.
- Practical educational projects that reflect professional realities and lead to internationally-recognized diplomas.
- Enthusiastic, devoted teachers with a solid background in the workforce.
- Combination work/study programs.
- Opportunities for students to participate in regional, national and international contests.
- Internships with the most innovative companies.
- A general education – in all programs – encouraging environmentally conscious practices.
- Integration of entrepreneurial concepts in all programs.
- A dedicated team of professionals providing personal career planning services, capping an outcome-oriented education experience.
- Support services for international students.
The 10 basic principles of our academic project
LaSalle College Vancouver offers an edifying education in an inclusive environment that allows its students to obtain their desired diploma, as well as acquire and develop the following:
- Oral and written abilities in English.
- The ability to master new industry-related information technologies.
- Competencies that facilitate professional mobility.
- Management skills applicable in the current context of market globalization and instant communications.
- The ability to work with a multidisciplinary team.
- Leadership and entrepreneurship.
- An attitude that reflects a responsible citizen, respect for others, and rigour in all circumstances.
- An inherent value of continuing education.
- An awareness of responsible habits that promote good health for one’s self and for others.
- A natural impulse to protect the environment and advocate for sustainable development.