Master's Degree in Food Science and Technology
Mediterranea University of Reggio Calabria
Earliest start date
The master's degree course in Food Science and Technology aims to provide, on the basis of a solid preparation on the theoretical-scientific aspects acquired in the three-year degree in class L-26, advanced knowledge in the field of technical management of agri-food systems and supply chains . The course also trains high-profile professionals capable of using a wide range of knowledge to interpret, describe and solve, in an innovative way, problems connected to the agri-food chains. Within the master's degree course, the student has the opportunity to acquire specific knowledge in the field of food science and technology.
The educational path of the master's degree course in Food Science and Technology is articulated through a series of training activities aimed at providing:
- scientific and technological preparation to plan and manage the innovation of agri-food production;
- knowledge for deepening the themes on the evaluation of the chemical, physical, nutritional, microbiological and sensory quality of food products and the necessary raw materials;
- the skills to make a rational choice of the most suitable processes and transformation phases for modern food production and/or food administration.
- the skills to evaluate the influence of the metabolic processes of products of vegetable and animal origin on the processes of conservation and transformation in view of their commercial use
- the skills to use traditional and/or emerging technologies for food preservation, transformation and conditioning and to evaluate their impact in terms of shelf-life and hygienic-sanitary safety
- the skills to enhance typical products through the application of innovative transformation and conservation technologies and with market research and strategies.
His professional activity takes place mainly in agro-food companies and in all companies that integrate the production, transformation, conservation and distribution chain of food products, in large-scale retail companies, in public and private bodies that carry out planning, analysis , control, certification, as well as in those that carry out scientific investigations for the protection and enhancement of food production, in training institutions, in research offices and in the free profession.
The occupational profile of the master's degree in Food Science and Technology is adequately differentiated, with in-depth analysis of particular professional fields and with the achievement of specific occupational profiles, in order to guarantee the flexibility necessary to respond to the demands of the labor market, both private and public.
- Stabilization and Food Preservation
- Process Management of Food Industries
- Food Technology Processes
- Technology of Alcoholic Beverages
- Management of the agri-food enterprise
- Laboratory of Statistical Processing and Data Mining of Experimental Data
- Physical and Sensory Analysis of Food Products
- Herbaceous food crops
- Engineering of Agro-Industrial Systems
- Water Systems and Wastewater Management
- Design and Management of Buildings and Plants for the Agro-industry
- Food Safety and Analytical Techniques for Control
- Defense of Commodities and Post-Harvest Pathology
- Post-Harvest Pathology and Mycotoxins
- Animal Parasitology of Foodstuffs
- Post-Harvest Physiology
- Microbiological Quality of Food
- Animal feed technique and quality of livestock feed
- Choice subjects
- Internships and External Internships
- Training Internships and Orientation
- Final test