Unicaf has partnered with the Liverpool John Moores University to offer a variety of courses.
About the Liverpool John Moores University
Today, with a vibrant community of over 23,000 students from over 100 countries worldwide, 2,400 staff, and 250-degree courses, Liverpool John Moores University is one of the largest, most dynamic, and forward-thinking universities in the UK. As an institution, we are unashamedly ambitious – for our students, our staff, and the wider global community. We are undergoing a renaissance as the strength of our teaching and research continues to exceed even our own high expectations. We were one of the highest climbers nationally in the 2014 Research Excellence Framework, which assesses the quality of research in the UK.
About the partnership with Unicaf
The partnership between the Liverpool John Moores University and Unicaf brings together the resources and capabilities of both organizations to offer innovative learning solutions and programs that are delivered fully online to the needs of a wide range of professionals.
Unicaf is one of the most generous scholarship programs available. The program supports students that are domiciled in Africa and provides opportunities for studies towards the online programs offered in partnership with the Liverpool John Moores University at a much lower cost.
The primary objective of the Unicaf Scholarships Program is to make education affordable for students living in under-served regions and to provide them opportunities to pursue advanced academic studies and to earn internationally recognized qualifications.
Programs offered through the partnership are delivered with an international perspective aiming to ensure that students are prepared for employment in the global marketplace and receive a return on their education investment. Unicaf, as the Liverpool John Moores University online delivery partner, makes the University’s programs available online by providing a state-of-the-art e-learning environment complemented by a strong emphasis on multi-level student support.
The partners have extensive experience in the provision of quality, innovative teaching and learning and the provision of continuing professional development.
The Liverpool John Moores University is responsible for the academic quality of the programs and it awards the degrees. For more information, visit the Liverpool John Moores University website.
Unicaf is the global delivery partner of the Liverpool John Moores University, UK, responsible for the recruitment, admission, enrolment, and support of online learners to University awards approved for distance online delivery. On successful completion, graduates will receive a Liverpool John Moores University award.
- Our Vision
- We are an ambitious and forward-thinking institution that challenges convention and believes passionately in the concept of 'One University' – a community working together to achieve common student-centred objectives within a clear strategy.
- Our vision is to be recognized as a modern civic university delivering solutions to the challenges of the 21st century.
- Our values
- We believe in the power of education to drive transformation across social, cultural and economic boundaries.
- We are innovative and progressive with an entrepreneurial spirit; we think creatively about new ways to do things.
- We strive for the highest standards in everything we do.
- We believe that by working together in partnership we can achieve strong and lasting results
- We believe in leading the way, challenging convention and breaking new ground.
- We believe in the power of sharing expertise, and of people coming together with a common purpose.
Online learning has revolutionized higher education because of the many advantages it offers. As an online student, you are able to learn at your own pace and time, at a much lower cost.
But studying for your degree online may also raise some questions and concerns. It’s a new and unknown experience, so it is natural to be uncertain about what to expect and how the process will unfold.
While your Student Adviser will walk you through the entire process up front and will be there to support you every step of the way from the first contact to graduation, we also offer the following brief highlights as an introduction to the Online Learning Experience.
Highlights of Online Learning
Your classes will take place in an online environment. You can log in at any time at your convenience. Once online, you’ll communicate with your instructors and fellow students, read assigned texts, access digital materials, post assignments, and comment on other student's assignments. While you’re required to log in at least two separate days each week, you will, of course, benefit greatly from regular and more frequent attendance.
Your online course experience will take place on an advanced learning management system designed to facilitate the optimal learning experience for students. In addition to the educational platform you’ll utilize to communicate with faculty and fellow students, you’ll also have access to e-textbooks offering you the capability to highlight, annotate, create bookmarks, search, download, and self-assess.
Each module is carefully planned to align with an expectation of the depth and breadth of study required to achieve an award at a given level. In accordance with international agreements, each award is expressed as a number of credits to make the achievement transportable and transparent to future employers and other institutions of higher education. In planning the learning activities within each program, there is an expectation that the average student will dedicate approximately ten hours of total study time to achieve 1 ‘credit’ (this approximation includes all preparatory work, reading, writing, assessment tasks, time spent communicating in discussion forums or attending virtual seminars and workshops). As an example, a candidate participating in a 20 credit module that lasts eight weeks could be expected to devote an average of 25 hours of study time each week (200 hours total) in order to achieve the learning outcomes of the module and complete the assessments. Whilst there is no hard and fast rule on this (for example, each candidate will have a unique profile in terms of the time it will take them to read and understand learning materials, or complete written work), the following list of tasks may help you to understand the time commitment necessary to successfully complete your program:
Within a typical module, candidates will be required each week to:
- Plan their study time according to the weekly plan of activities set out in the module and guided by the instructor
- Read case-study and background materials from e-books and other sources
- Participate in discussion fora, reading contributions, making contributions and responding to particular questions
- Prepare formative tasks that have been set up (for example, submit a draft response to a question for feedback)
- Prepare written assignments and submit them by a deadline for formal marking and feedback (typically this is not a weekly task but may be required, normally at the end of a module)
- Reflect on your learning and feedback your experience of the module to your instructors and peer group
- Similar to a campus classroom, the online learning experience will include extensive participation and interaction with faculty and fellow students. You’ll also use the online forum to communicate with advisers, teaching assistants and instructional specialists.
Once you have successfully completed your degree, you will be eligible to participate in one of two annual graduation ceremonies at the Liverpool John Moores University.
Module sequences begin multiple times per year based on demand, so you have the opportunity to enrol and begin your degree programme on more than one occasion throughout the year thus affording you the flexibility not often found in most face to face programmes.
You’ll take one module at a time. This advanced learning method designed for adults allows you to concentrate your entire focus on one subject area before moving onto the next, while also allowing you to earn your degree in an accelerated time frame.
The degree you earn will hold the same value, acceptance and credibility as any equivalent degree earned in a traditional campus environment.