Engineer cycle – Generalist
CESI - School of Engineering
2 - 3 years
Earliest start date
Let's innovate together to meet the challenges of tomorrow's industry and services
The generalist course makes it possible to train engineers with a broad and multidisciplinary culture, capable of adapting to complex and evolving situations.
Engineers are destined to hold functions as diverse as project management, studies, business conduct, business management, innovation, R&D, quality, safety, the environment, industrial performance, logistics... in a national and international context. To specialize, develop more targeted skills and prepare for the challenges of the future, engineering students have a wide range of options in their final year, in direct line with the needs of companies, regularly updated thanks to research. carried out in the field of the factory of the future or the city of the future.
A diversified background and successful integration into the company
In the 1st and 3rd year, the work placement takes place on an alternating basis. This modality accompanies the assumption of responsibilities of the student who will lead, in the last year, towards missions of junior engineer and his end-of-studies project.
A rich international experience
Possibility of doing an 8-month period abroad combining the academic semester and the Research & Innovation internship.
A research orientation
For students wishing to continue their specialization (doctorate), a research course will be offered to them in France or abroad in a CESI partner university.
- Students from the CESI preparatory cycle;
- Students with a scientific or technical bac +2.
Objectives of the Industrial Engineering graduate course
- You are following a program that allows you to obtain a diploma and professional experience at the same time.
- You will complete your training as an industrial engineer, which will prepare you to take on all the aspects of the engineering function.
- The main focus of the training, the individual training project (PFI), gives you the opportunity to define, in cooperation between CESI Graduate School of Engineering and the company, a customized approach to the work and missions.
- At the end of your training, you will have a complete vision of the engineer’s career, both on a theoretical level and in terms of implementation in the company.
Career opportunities at the end of the training
Junior project manager, design engineer, R&D engineer, production engineer, project manager, QHSE-DD engineer, maintenance engineer, etc.
Number of graduates
- 508 graduates in 2020;
- 78.5% exam success rate in 2020;
- 90% of 2020 graduates are satisfied with their training.