The economic and social importance of tourism in Galicia and in the rest of Spain is very important, hence the formation of human resources becomes an inescapable task for public universities Tourism is a sector that needs to be analyzed from different perspectives Such as sociology, geography, economics, medicine, computer science, etc. This sector, undoubtedly one of the most important in our society, was for years forgotten by scientists, being planned and managed by people without specific training.
The degree that is proposed is the continuation of higher studies for people studying the current degree in Tourism and for other people trained in social and human sciences degrees in general who want to work or research in the tourism sector.
Since 2006 we have been teaching at the University of Coruña the Master in Planning and Management of Destinations and Tourist Products. The studies we propose have a high academic, scientific and professional interest.
Why study the degree
The new Master in Planning and Management of Tourist Destinations and Products Has the function of training students for research in tourism and to carry out professional tasks in the sector. For this reason we offer two itineraries: researcher and professional.
- Research itinerary : aimed at students who want to continue training in tourism and doctoral thesis or research in cabinets of companies, consultants or institutions dedicated to tourism.
- Professional itinerary : aimed at people who want to dedicate themselves to planning and managing destinations and new tourist products of different types (congresses and conventions, coastal space and thermalism, gastronomic and oenological, heritage, spiritual, sports, special groups, etc.)
What is learned
Fundamentally to plan and manage new destinations and new tourism products. It also learns to investigate the different issues that determine the planning and sustainable management of tourism for the integral development of host societies and for the satisfaction of tourists.
Structure of the Study
- Tourism and sustainable development: the quality of tourist destinations and products
- Social change, tourism consumption trends and consumer behavior
- Promotion and marketing of tourist destinations and products
- Strategic management of tourism organizations
- New technologies applied to tourist destinations and products
- Planning and management of tourism plans. The role of public and private organizations
Research Guidance Module
- The process of research in tourism: types, structure and phases
- Qualitative techniques applied to tourism
- Program for analysis of qualitative data with examples of tourism
- Quantitative techniques applied to tourism
- Program for analysis of quantitative data with examples of tourism
Professional Orientation Module
- Development of strategic plans for tourism development: structure, contents and methodology
- Planning and management of tourist destinations and products of congresses and conventions
- Planning and management of tourist destinations and products in the coastal space and cruise ships
- Planning and management of health and thermal destinations and tourism products
- Planning and management of gastronomic and oenological tourist destinations and products
- Planning and management of cultural and natural heritage tourist destinations and products
- Planning and management of spiritual tourism destinations and products
- Planning and management of tourist destinations and products for special groups
- Planning and management of sports tourist destinations and products
Work End of Master
- Work End of Master
Professional and academic outputs
The students who complete the master's degree are trained to work in private companies, public administration and research centers and universities developing tasks related to the planning and management of destinations and new tourism products from the perspective of quality and sustainability.
Professional environment in which it is located
There are companies that are dedicated to the planning of tourist destinations at different levels, local, regional, national and international. Our graduates are prepared to carry out the different sections of the planning.
It also needs graduates who can manage tourist destinations that want to implement a new plan in areas where there was no tourism or implement a plan to make changes towards sustainable tourism in areas where tourism was already developed.
Our graduates are qualified to carry out this management.
It is necessary to convert resources and services into tourist products that can be traded by different means. Our graduates have the knowledge to elaborate said products as well as for their later commercialization.
Professional and academic outputs
Tourism is an activity that was for many years relegated from academic research. With the research specialty of our masters, we train students to investigate the different components of planning and tourism products in centers and universities, as well as the repercussions that tourist consumption has on the tourists themselves, the inhabitants of the receiving areas And the development of communities.
The Master in Planning and management of destinations and tourism products is specially aimed at graduates in Social and Human Sciences (recent graduates or not) who wish to acquire knowledge related to Tourism: Graduates or graduates in Tourism, Business Administration and Management, Economics, Sociology, Art, History, Philology, Geography, etc.
This school offers programs in: