Master of Music – Music Management (MM)
The music management concentration provides the student with the entrepreneurial skills to be successful in the contemporary music and entertainment industry. With its connection to New York industry personnel, its objective is to offer the most current information in the classroom and through internships. The music management concentration immerses the music student in the environment of the industry while fostering a clear understanding of the role and needs of managing the artist's revenue streams. Please note that the program is designed primarily for music students who have not earned an undergraduate degree in the music business field. Those graduates who have a music management degree are encouraged to pursue the MBA or a law degree.
Atinuke (Tinu) Adeniran
Office of Graduate Admissions & Enrollment Services
Telephone – 973-720-2764
Connect with us on WhatsApp
In addition to the University’s admission requirements:
- Completed SlideRoom application.
- Cumulative grade point average of 2.75 on a scale of 4.00.
- Two letters of recommendation.
- A satisfactory score on the Graduate Record Exam (GRE); a minimum of 149 for general/verbal also is required.
- A performance audition is required of applicants who have NOT successfully completed an undergraduate degree in music; an audition is NOT required of applicants who have completed an undergraduate degree in music.
- 36 credits of graduate study.
- Satisfactory completion of an internship.
- Satisfactory completion of a comprehensive examination, which carries no course credit and is required of all students.
- A final project, which may consist of a thesis.
MM in Music Management
- MUS 5610 Research Techniques
- MUS 5580 Music Technology
- MUS 5900 Graduate Seminar
- MUS 5270 Survey of the Music and Entertainment Industry
- MUS 6520 Entertainment Law
- MUS 6500 Entrepreneurship in Music and Entertainment Industry
- MUS 6050 Graduate Internship
MUS 6120 Master’s Thesis
Cotsakos College of Business
- ACCT 6060 Financial and Managerial Accounting
- MKT 6080 Marketing Management
- ECON 6030 Economic Analysis
- LAW 7000 Legal Environment of Business
- MGT 6040 Management Process and Organizational Theory
- MGT 7990 Seminar on the Problems in International Business
- MKT 7880 Global Marketing
- MKT 7900 Consumer Behavior
- MBA 6100 Multinational Business Environment and Operations
- MBA 6160 Organizational Behavior and Communication
Program taught in:
See 16 more programs offered by William Paterson University of New Jersey »
Last updated July 13, 2018
This course is
Tuition : U.S. $ 18,856, Room and Board: U.S. $ 10,920, Books and Supplies: U.S. $ 1,600, Transportation: U.S. $ 890, Miscellaneous: U.S. $ 2,250 ,TOTAL U.S. $ 34,516 ( New jersey residents tuition - $12,114.00 per year )