Due to COVID-19:
GRE/GMAT standardized testing requirements will be optional for all “Masters” programs.
This waiver only applies to the Fall 2020 entering class
International students are still required to submit passing scores on the TOEFL, IELTS or PTE tests in order to meet the English language proficiency requirement.
We are always available for one on one online consultation.
Make It So.
Arts and Letters is a graduate liberal studies program designed with working professionals in mind. Through a diverse set of course offerings, students work on analytical and creative thinking while learning and synthesizing ideas. Coursework allows students to hone their writing and presentation skills. Our faculty mentors work with students to plan their course of study to take advantage of everything the New York City region has to offer. Our students put the humanities to work with internships and other means of experiential learning in the cultural capital of the world.
"Now that I've graduated from the Arts & Letters program, I have connected with key members within the scholarly community surrounding my dissertation subject. I owe this to the scholarly transformation I experienced at Drew. I am now an authority of my subject and a part of a global conversation.”
Andrew Clapham G'17
English Teacher, Seton Hall Preparatory School
Master of Letters (33 Credits)
Students in the Master of Letters complete 33 credit hours from Arts and Letters listings, as well as approved courses from other Caspersen or Theological School programs.
I. Required Course (3 credits)
- ARLT 801 - Liberal Studies: What They Are, What They Do
II. Electives (27 credits)
- Taken from existing Arts and Letters courses, as well as courses from the Caspersen School or Theological School with approval by the convener.
III. Advanced Study (3 credits)
- Thesis Track:
- ARLT 900 - Master’s Thesis
- Non-Thesis Track:
- One additional elective from existing Arts and Letter courses
- Historical Studies
- Global Studies
- Literary Studies
- Studies in Spirituality
- Fine Arts and Media Studies
- Irish/Irish-American Studies
- Teaching in the Two-Year College
- Start Terms: Fall, Spring, Summer
- Deadline: Rolling Admissions
- For the master's program, a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution
- Completed Application Form
- Official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions
- Personal Statement
- Essay Response/Writing Sample
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- $35 Application Fee
We invite you to join Drew’s international community of global citizen students from dozens of countries around the world.
The idea of studying in another country is exciting. We know that it also might feel overwhelming, but we are here to help you through the process. Much of the information you’ll need is here, but never hesitate to contact us if you have questions or need more support.
Supplemental Application Requirements
Provide Supporting Application Materials
In addition to submitting all specific program application materials, international students need to provide additional documents that will help evaluate your candidacy for admission.
- TOEFL or IELTS Scores
- International applicants whose first language is not English and who have received their Bachelor’s degree from a foreign university, even if English was the language of instruction, must submit TOEFL or IELTS scores. The Data Analytics program has minimum requirements: TOEFL – 80 with 18 subscores/IELTS – 6.5 with 6.0 subscores. These scores must be current within 2 years of the semester you are applying to.
- Use Code 2193, Department 21
- TOEFL Waiver
- Applicants that have completed a previous degree at an accredited institution where English is the language of instruction may request a waiver.
- Transcript Evaluation
- Applicants are encouraged to have international transcripts evaluated from a NACES member credential evaluation service organization.
About the School
Located just a 50-minute train ride away from the powerhouse world capital of New York City, Drew’s beautiful, wooded campus in Madison, New Jersey is home to the Caspersen School of Graduate Studies ... Read More