Technology does the number-crunching. Accountants provide the wide-ranging analysis, insight, and expertise that makes those numbers useful. Originally founded as a school of accounting and finance, Bentley continues to educate technically proficient accountants who enter the workforce with the critical thinking, analytical, and communication skills required in a global business environment.
Sign up for a Webinar - Join us for an interactive hour to learn more about our MS programs in Finance and Accountancy. Hear from admissions officers and current students. Visit: https://admissions.bentley.edu/graduate/events.
Founded as a school of accounting and finance, Bentley continues to educate technically proficient accountants. Equally important, our graduates develop the critical thinking, analytical, and communication skills required in a global business environment.
For more than three decades, the Master of Science in Accountancy degree at the Bentley Graduate Business School has prepared students to become the well-informed, nimble business leaders of tomorrow. You will benefit from:
- A real-world grounding in best accounting practices, complemented by cutting-edge research to stay ahead of the business curve.
- Flexible scheduling and online courses to balance your Master of Science in Accountancy degree curriculum with other commitments in your life.
- A program that automatically fulfills the fifth-year academic requirement to become licensed as a CPA in many states, including Massachusetts, regardless of academic background.
- Direct insight from business partners, through classroom visits and networking events.
- Access to industry-leading tools in the Howard A. Winer Accounting Center for Electronic Learning and Business Measurement (ACELAB).
- Longstanding recruiting and placement relationships with Big Four CPA firms; regional and national CPA firms; state, local and federal government agencies; and leading corporations around the world.
- A strong alumni network that offers a built-in advantage in the job market.
- A chance to earn a graduate certificate in related areas such as fraud and forensic accounting, taxation, financial planning, and business ethics.
- Opportunities for international travel to learn about off-shore business practices and related topics.
Masters in Accounting Curriculum
The Masters in Accounting is a 10-course program (30 credit hours), supplemented by up to three pre-program courses. Because our students arrive with different backgrounds, we customize the curriculum as needed to suit each student. What follows is an overview of a standard curriculum.
The MSA curriculum consists of 3 accounting foundation courses (these may be waived and replaced with open electives based on prior coursework), 4 required core accountancy courses, and 3-6 electives selected from accounting and non-accounting courses.
Graduates of the Masters of Accounting program are highly sought after by leading employers for their ability to understand today’s complex global financial marketplace, work across multiple business disciplines and use the latest technology to solve complex challenges.
In recent years, placement rates consistently average 90 percent. Recent graduates have accepted positions at some of the world’s leading firms — Accenture, Carlin, Charron & Rosen, Deloitte, Ernst & Young, Fidelity Investments, Global Gillette, IBM, KPMG, PricewaterhouseCoopers, Putnam Investments, State Street Bank & Trust, among others — with positions including senior associate, tax associate, auditor, senior financial analyst, and senior manager of financial analysis.
And, as a graduate of the masters of accounting program, you’ll tap into Bentley’s powerful global alumni network of thousands of fellow alumni eager to aid in your job search and ongoing professional development. Plus, you’ll get lifetime access to career services tools and staff at the Graduate School.
- Application Fee
- 2 Essays
- GMAT or GRE Scores (may be waived for qualified students)
- TOEFL/IELTS Scores for International Students (may be waived for qualified students)
- Two Letters of Recommendation
Application opens September 1 of the prior year.
Fall (Full-Time and Part-Time)
- November 15: Round 1
- January 15: Round 2
- March 15: Round 3
- May to August: Rolling Admission*
Spring (Full-Time and Part-Time)
- November 1: Priority deadline for full-time students
- September to December: Rolling Admission for part-time students
*Students seeking visas for the fall term should apply by July 1
About the School
Bentley University is one of the nation's leading business schools, dedicated to preparing a new kind of business leader and one with the deep technical skills, the broad global perspective and the hi ... Read More