A postgraduate program in two years, taught in English, specialized in environmental design, leading to a master’s degree in design
A program specially tailored for students from all over the world who want to integrate our MDes
This program explores simultaneously the evolution of our built environment and the urban transformations in a context of rapid change, with the requirements of a sustainable, accessible and smart city, conceived in a spirit of universal co-design (Design for All), fully integrated.
- Sustainable projects management
- Conception technics focused on the user
- Public space
- Spatial design for event management
The MDes programs, established over two years, are organized in four semesters validated by 30 ECTS each. A consequent and increasing personal working time is expected for each module.
This first semester is dedicated to adapting to the French cultural environment and to teaching methods specific to the school in a multidisciplinary approach.
Students spend this semester abroad, either in academic exchange or internship as a junior designer (13 weeks minimum).
The objective of this semester for students studying at a partner school is to discover other teaching methods, other tools and approaches of the design project.
For students in internship, the goal is to highlight and expand professional knowledge in the context of another culture.
Continuation and finalization of the end-of-studies project summarizing all the professional skills acquired. It can be conducted in collaboration with a company and/or research laboratory of a partner university. This personal end-of-studies project must be related to the program in which students are enrolled.
Supervision is ensured in the form of workshops under the direction of a referent designer, to which punctual speakers are associated. Writing a thesis in the theme of the project.
The study program ends with a minimum of sixteen weeks (and a maximum of six months) internship within a company, in France or abroad.
Trainees work as junior designers and support all or part of a project.
The student must demonstrate his ability to integrate into a team, manage a project and develop all the sequences of the project for its smooth running. It allows the student to articulate all of his studies with what will be his first professional experience.
Depending on the professional project of the student, this internship can also take place within a company that the student will create, or even within a research laboratory.
Sustainable Cities Design Lab
The major issues in the social, environmental and economic fields concern:
- mobility and services;
- new modes of travel (active mobility, multimodality);
- the impacts of technological input on the city through the concept of a smart city;
- new forms of occupation of public space and urban scenography;
- urban logistics and the problem of transport on our territories;
- changes in the built environment;
- urban reconversion (wastelands and mutations of industrial spaces) and processes of reversibility. ;
- new ways of living;
- connected buildings and associated services;
- citizenship (design of public policies);
- new forms of shopping in the city;
The commitment and values of the Design Lab are:
- accessibility to all and inclusive design;
- citizen participation and co-design;
- critical questioning about connected environments;
- the exploration of "city modes" (slow city, rethe conquest of streets, shared spaces ...
Program taught in: