This unique, practical course, with unrivaled connections to the industry, works with leading industry partners, to not only give you specialist knowledge but valuable hands-on work experience.
This course will take participants through the process of taking a piece of content (a game, TV show or a feature film) to its market – examining how the sales, marketing, distribution and retail (or exhibition) side of each industry works from “nose to tail”. The course will also look at the emergence of new and innovative forms of media that merge traditional media with digital markets (including Youtubers, branded content among others) and the commercial side of each.
- A unique, two-year course, that gives you all the tools to pre-sell, market, distribute, retail and exhibit films, television shows and games in the digital age.
- Exclusive scholarship available from our course partners, the UK Cinema Association.
- Two four week placements at major media firms.
- Become an innovator and expert in this field.
- Increase employability.
- Take part in seminars led by prestigious companies.
- Attend one key market in each sector – the Berlin Film Festival in MIPCOM and EGX.
- Access to NFTS's Masterclasses led by major creative figures from film, television, and games.
“It is fantastic news that NFTS is offering a specialist Marketing, Distribution, Sales and Exhibition MA. This will ensure that there is a pipeline of new talent that understands how to get films to the public and wants to innovate in this sector” - Ian Shepherd, Chief Commercial Officer of ODEON & UCI Group.
We welcome EU/EEA Students. Those accepted onto the course starting in 2018 and 2019 will have their fees guaranteed at the UK rate for both years of the course. Postgraduate students can apply for a loan to help with their studies via the Student Loans Company Loans. A £10,609 loan is available to contribute to course and living costs. The Postgraduate Loan is only open to EU/EEA and UK Students who normally live in England. It is not currently available to Scottish, Welsh or Northern Ireland Students. Find out more here.
Some proven experience in Marketing, Sales, Distribution, Press, and PR is desirable. We would hope that students have worked in the media (although not limited to the industries we cover) and have a passion for Film, TV, and games.
There are no specific educational requirements for this course.
- An overview of a marketing campaign that you are familiar with (no more than two sides of A4).
HOW TO APPLY
You can apply directly to us at the NFTS by clicking on the link below:
When selecting your course, please ensure that you have read the entry requirements and details of the supporting materials that should accompany your application.
TIMING YOUR APPLICATION
We are happy to receive applications 24/7 and 365 days a year up until the deadline.
Program taught in: