Would you like to direct a rock band in our new multi-camera 4K TV studio? Would you like to create hit formats like Big Brother, Strictly-Come Dancing, The Apprentice, and Gogglebox? Then the Directing & Producing Television Entertainment MA course is for you.
Students learn to develop ideas, script, produce and direct single camera and multi-camera programmes using the School's own professional 4K TV studio or shoot out on location - with all production costs met by the school.
The Directing & Producing Television Entertainment course is the only one of its kind in the world. It is recognized for its high standards and its ability to fast-track students into the Television Entertainment Industry.
In recent years’ students have sold entertainment formats to Warner Brothers Television and ITV and student graduation shows have won prestigious awards from the New York Television Festival and the Royal Television Society.
• The only Television MA course of its kind in the world
• Direct & Produce entertainment programmes in our professional 4K TV studio
• Be taught by industry professionals
• Unlike other schools, all production costs are met by the school
• Work placements with the BBC, ITV and leading entertainment production companies like Hat Trick, (Have I Got News for You), Studio Lambert (Gogglebox) and Love Productions (The Great British Bake Off)
• Take a fast track into the Entertainment Industry
We welcome EU/EEA Students. Those accepted onto the course starting in 2018 and 2019 will have their fees guaranteed at the UK rate for both years of the course. Postgraduate students can apply for a loan to help with their studies via the Student Loans Company Loans. A £10,609 loan is available to contribute to course and living costs. The Postgraduate Loan is only open to EU/EEA and UK Students who normally live in England. It is not currently available to Scottish, Welsh or Northern Ireland Students. Find out more here.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 05 JUL 2018
If you are lively and imaginative, then this is the course for you! Applicants must be able to demonstrate their passion, commitment, and talent for developing a career in Entertainment TV.
- A short proposal for a television entertainment programme (no more than one A4 typed page)
- A critical analysis of a current entertainment television programme or series (not drama) (no more than two A4 typed pages)
- Vimeo links with samples of your work specifying your exact role in each. This work need not be in the entertainment area, as some applicants may not have a film or other programme-making background.
HOW TO APPLY
You can apply directly to us at the NFTS by clicking on the link below:
When selecting your course, please ensure that you have read the entry requirements and details of the supporting materials that should accompany your application.
TIMING YOUR APPLICATION
We are happy to receive applications 24/7 and 365 days a year up until the deadline.
Program taught in: