Digital FX is everywhere – from low budget independent movies and online digital content to commercials, television programmes, games and Hollywood blockbusters.
During this extremely practical modular course, you will spend a lot of time learning techniques “on set”, in addition to learning in front of a computer. You will work closely with students from all the other NFTS MA disciplines, creating 2D/3D VFX, CG 3D FX or Colour Grading and Onlining the entire production, on a diverse range of NFTS film and television projects – many of which go on to become international award-winners.
Wednesday 16 May: 10.30am - 1.30pm
Sign up here
- Extensive, practical training on set, in a VFX and animation studio and in cutting-edge digital post suites.
- Work with the latest software applications and digital camera technology.
- Tutored by artists, technicians, and supervisors currently working in the Industry.
- Shared modules during Year 1 across essential 2D and 3D vfx/sfx techniques.
- Specialise in Year 2 in either Compositing - Design and produce digital vfx for multiple projects or Colour - Online and color grade multiple projects or CG 3D - Design and create 3D cg vfx for multiple projects.
- A unique bridge to the post-production and vfx industries.
- A Creative Skillset-supported course.
- Unlike other schools, all production costs are met by the School.
We welcome EU/EEA Students. Those accepted onto the course starting in 2018 and 2019 will have their fees guaranteed at the UK rate for both years of the course. Postgraduate students can apply for a loan to help with their studies via the Student Loans Company Loans. A £10,609 loan is available to contribute to course and living costs. The Postgraduate Loan is only open to EU/EEA and UK Students who normally live in England. It is not currently available to Scottish, Welsh or Northern Ireland Students. Find out more here.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 05 JUL 2018
The course covers such a diverse range of subjects that there is no typical candidate. Your background may be in the arts or other media or you may be a recent graduate or Industry professional looking to fast-track or switch your career.
Although not strictly necessary, you are likely to have some Industry experience or training in your chosen field and you must already understand the basic technical and operational use of computers.
An ideal candidate should have a mixture of creative and technical skills. Communication, people, and management skills are also desirable.
Your application should be supported by a brief outline of your particular interests in the Compositing, Colour Grading or CG 3D fields including any relevant experience, either academic or practical.
You must indicate in your application which specialism you wish to study during the second year:
either Compositing or CG 3D or Colour.
- Acritical analysis of the use of visual effects or color grading in a film or television programme of your choice, no more than two sides A4 typed.
- A brief outline of your particular interests in the Compositing, Colour Grading or CG 3D fields including any relevant experience, either academic or practical. One side A4 maximum.
- A digital portfolio containing samples of your work. This need not demonstrate experience in effects. For applicants not from a film or television background, this item is optional.
You can apply directly to us at the NFTS by clicking on the link below:
- APPLY FOR DIGITAL EFFECTS COURSE
- You can apply online, or download a word document of the application form to submit via email
When selecting your course, please ensure that you have read the entry requirements and details of the supporting materials that should accompany your application.
TIMING YOUR APPLICATION
We are happy to receive applications 24/7 and 365 days a year up until the deadline.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated May 14, 2018