The MA in Management and Leadership curriculum exposes students to the tools of management and leadership and provides experience in decision-making situations. Students acquire familiarity with the analytical techniques of management and develop the ability to apply these techniques in actual problem-solving in a corporate, government, or non-profit environment.
Extensive use is made of case analysis and practical applications. Teamwork is an essential part of each course, and students will learn to polish the presentation and communication skills needed to succeed in business today.
The MA in Management and Leadership is an excellent study to help improve your emotional intelligence, communication skills, budgeting know-how, and leadership abilities.
The program is taught at more than 50 U.S. campus locations in major cities and military bases, at international campuses in Geneva, Switzerland; Leiden, the Netherlands; London, United Kingdom; Vienna, Austria; and online.
The Master in Management & Leadership at Webster University is ACBSP accredited (Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs)
Points of Distinction
- Walker School of Business & Technology is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP) for MA programs in the Business and Management departments.
- Webster is the only Tier 1, private, non-profit U.S.-based university providing a network of international residential campuses in Geneva, Switzerland; Leiden, the Netherlands; London, United Kingdom; Vienna, Austria; Thailand and China.
- Faculty who practice in the field allow you to take your class experience and apply it to real work situations.
- Students will be able to explain the important terminology, concepts, principles, analytic techniques, and theories used in management and leadership.
- Students will be able to effectively apply important terminology, concepts, principles, analytic techniques, and theories used in management and leadership when analyzing situations.
- Students will be able to effectively integrate important concepts, principles, and theories used management and leadership when developing solutions to multifaceted problems in complex situations
The 36 required credit hours of the MA in Management & Leadership include 8 core courses and 4 electives.
8 core courses:
- MNGT 5000 Management (Requisite Course) (3 hours)
- MNGT 5590 Organizational Behavior (3 hours)
- HRMG 5000 Managing Human Resources (3 hours)
- BUSN 5200 Basic Finance for Managers (3 hours)
- MNGT 5650 Management and Strategy (3 hours)
- MNGT 5670 Managerial Leadership (3 hours)
- HRDV 5630 Organization Development and Change (3 hours)
- MNGT 6000 Integrated Studies in Management (3 hours)
In addition, the student chooses 4 elective courses offered in this major and/or from the program curricula of other George Herbert Walker School of Business & Technology majors.
At Webster University we look for high potential individuals with a global mindset, who are not only motivated to succeed academically but also to thrive in society. We are proud to welcome students from different countries and backgrounds with the belief that embracing such diversity can only contribute to their overall development and enhance their experiences both inside and outside of the classroom. The Board of Admissions reviews every application carefully to decide who will be offered a placement.
Application Form: The process begins with the submission of your online application form and payment of the application fee. The application fee can be paid by credit card. Applicants are required to upload a number of supplemental items to support their application. These are listed below.
Supplemental items: After receiving your application form you will be able to upload the following remaining documents into your application:
- Copy of a recent CV or Resume
- Letter of motivation (one page) stating why you want to pursue the program and how it ties into your current career or future professional goals
- Two letters of recommendation
- Certified copies of your transcripts
- TOEFL 550/80 or IETLS 6.5 scores if applicable. If you will be taking a TOEFL test outside of Webster and would like to have your results automatically sent to us, please use the following code: 0548.
About the School
Founded at St. Louis, Missouri in 1915, Webster University is an accredited, non-profit American university with over 100 locations.